Advanced Manufacturing Program (AMT)
Earn money while you attend school and you could graduate debt free. This work/study program gives you the opportunity to learn in the environment in which you will work as well as the ability to apply almost immediately what you learned in class on the manufacturing floor. It is not your typical college class. You attend class full time two days a week and work at your sponsoring manufacturer three days. You will also learn lean manufacturing principles and develop productive work behaviors that provide excellent self-development skills that are very attractive to employers. The course work implements the multidisciplinary, multiskilled model with courses in electricity, fluid power, mechanics, fabrication, troubleshooting, problem solving, etc.
Applications for the Fall 2019 AMT program will be available from September 5th through January 31.
Anyone interested in enrolling in the AMT program must complete an Online AMT program application and submit the required documents to the address listed on the application form. Also, an enrollment application for Bluegrass Community and Technical College is required.
Program Financial Opportunities
- Salary and any benefits are determined by the individual manufacturer and will be relayed to the student during the selection process.
- Pay increases are based on work performance evaluation and academic performance (this is considered income and subject to all applicable wage guidelines).
- Program is eligible for KEES scholarship funding
- Program is eligible for Federal Financial Aid
- Scholarships are also available
- Some manufacturers may provide tuition reimbursement
For more information contact:
Assistant Professor/Interim Assistant Dean
Advanced Manufacturing and Trades Division
Bluegrass Community and Technical College