What is the Computer Information Technologies program?
A core set of courses are required by all options, which includes a general education component central to a collegiate education and technical courses giving students an introduction to information systems, computer applications, program development, system maintenance, and networking including the Internet. In addition to core courses, students must take specialty courses for their selected option. See program checklists for more information.
Visit the program website to learn more about degree requirements, program faculty, career opportunities, and more.
What are my degree, diploma, or certificate options?
A program plan describes the degree requirements (courses) and the sequence for completing the courses. Students are required to schedule an appointment with their assigned academic advisor to ensure achievement of their academic goals.
A+ Prep (PDF) (Word)
Computer Technician (PDF) (Word)
Computer Tech Basic (PDF) (Word)
Computer Support Technician (PDF) (Word)
CISCO Networking Associate (PDF) (Word)
CISCO Networking Enhanced (PDF) (Word)
CIT Fundamentals (PDF) (Word)
Information Security Administrator (PDF) (Word)
Informatics Advanced (PDF) (Word)
Informatics Generalist (PDF) (Word)
Informatics Programming (PDF) (Word)
Microsoft Enterprise Administrator (PDF) (Word)
Mobile Apps Development (PDF) (Word)
Network Technologies Specialist (PDF) (Word)
Net+ Prep (PDF) (Word)
Productivity Software Specialist (PDF) (Word)
Programming (PDF) (Word)
Security+ Prep (PDF) (Word)
Video Game Design (PDF) (Word)
Web Administrator (PDF) (Word)
Web Programming (PDF) (Word)
Gainful Employment Information
- CISCO Networking Associate CERTIFICATE
- CISCO Networking Enhanced CERTIFICATE
- CIT Fundamentals CERTIFICATE
- Computer Assisted Drafter CERTIFICATE
- Computer Forensics CERTIFICATE
- Computer Support Technician CERTIFICATE
- Information Security Specialist CERTIFICATE
- Microsoft Enterprise Administrator CERTIFICATE
- Microsoft Network Administrator CERTIFICATE
- Network Technologies Specialist CERTIFICATE
- Productivity Software Specialist CERTIFICATE
- Video Game Design CERTIFICATE
- List of Gainful Employment Disclosures
Length of Program
Completion of the program should take two years, assuming that you maintain full-time enrollment status.
This information should not be considered a substitute for the KCTCS Catalog. You should always choose classes in cooperation with your faculty advisor to ensure that you meet all degree requirements.