What is B-CELL?
The Bioscience Collaborative Educational Learning Laboratory (BCELL) is a contract service organization (CSO) that provides BCTC students a direct link to start-up biotech companies.
B-CELL is an innovative model that not only supports bioscience companies, but provides internship opportunities for students. B-CELL leverages high-tech equipment from the biotech and chemistry programs to offer services, equipment usage, and lab bench space to local companies for a fee. In turn, the companies provide internships that give our students authentic hands-on work experience that often leads to employment with these companies.
Besides the equipment commonly found in biotech labs, such as, Laminar flow hoods, balances, and centrifuges, here is a brief list of B-CELL equipment:
- Agilent Bioanalyzer
- Agilent 5977E Gas Chromatograph/MSD System
- Illumina MiSeq DNA sequencer
- Life Technologies Quant Studio real-time PCR
- NanoDrop One Microvolume UV-Vis Spectrophotometer
- Nicolet iS5 FTIR Spectrometer with iD7 ATR Accessory FTIR
- Qubit II Fluorometer
- Thermo Scientific picoSpin 80 Series II NMR Spectrometer