BCTC and City to hold Public Forum for new Newtown Pike Campus
LEXINGTON, Ky. (June 30, 2009) The public is invited to join in the planning process for the new Bluegrass Community and Technical College (BCTC) Newtown Pike Campus during an open forum scheduled for Tuesday, July 14. The forum will be held from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the North Lexington YMCA, 381 West Loudon Ave.
The Newtown Pike site is currently home to Eastern State Hospital, but there are plans underway for a new hospital on the Coldstream Research Campus.
Specific areas of discussion will include:
- Historical and cultural resources
- Current ideas for the campus plan and building locations
- Vision of green buildings and campus
- Integration of the new campus with city and community/urban design
- Open space, connecting roads, and traffic patterns
In addition to BCTC representatives and President Dr. Augusta Julian, Joe Kelly, Senior Adviser to Mayor Jim Newberry, and representatives of EOP Architects of Lexington, and Perkins & Will, a national architectural and campus planning firm, will be in attendance.
For more information contact Marilyn Childre, BCTC Dean of Operations at 859.246.6374 or email marilyn childre.