New rules for Financial Aid for 2014-2015: Student Loans are by Request Only
If you wish to receive a student loan as part of your financial aid package, please follow these steps to accept:
- Login to Student Self-Service.
- Click on Loan Request hyperlink.
- Verify your phone number and address.
- Read and Agree to the important information regarding your student loans.
- Enter the amount of student loans you need for the academic year -- this amount will be split for Fall/Spring so be sure to project what you need for BOTH semesters.
- Once submitted you will be taken back to your main self-service screen and the loan request form will no longer be available for viewing.
If you have never borrowed a student loan at BCTC and accept a Federal Student Loan, you will also need to complete the Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Entrance Counseling. Both processes may be completed online at http://studentloans.gov. BCTC will receive notification once successfully completed. Loan funds cannot be disbursed until both have been completed.
To learn more about Financial Aid requirements, please click on the following link: