The Bluegrass Community and Technical College Graduation Activities Committee would like to invite you, your family and friends to participate in commencement Sunday, May 12th, 2019, 4 pm at the Alumni Coliseum located on the campus of Eastern Kentucky University, 521 Lancaster Avenue, Richmond, Kentucky.
We are now accepting graduation applications for August 2019 (Summer) and December 2019 (Fall).
- The last day to submit a graduation application for the Summer 2019 term is Friday, June 21, 2019.
- Summer graduates will be officially awarded at end of August
- Summer credentials will be mailed in September or October.
- The last day to submit an application for Fall 2019 graduation is Friday, September 6, 2019.
- Fall graduates will be officially awarded by the end of January 2020.
- Fall credentials will be mailed in February or March of 2020.
Applications for Graduation
Please see your advisor to prepare and submit a graduation application and an audit to the Student Records Office by the deadline stated above.
- Applications will only be accepted with an audit sheet and the advisor's signature.
- Administrative Office Technology
- Air Conditioning Technology
- Architectural Technology
- Automotive Technology
- Biotechnology Laboratory Technician
- Business Administration Systems
- Business Management and Marketing
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Computer Aided Drafting and Design
- Computer and Information Technologies
- Computer and Information Technologies (for students that began Fall 2018 and after)
- Computer and Information Technologies (for students that began Fall 2017 and after)
- Computer and Information Technologies (for students that began Spring 2017 or before)
- Computerized Manufacturing and Machining
- Construction Technology
- Cosmetology and Esthetician
- Criminal Justice
- Dental Assisting
- Dental Hygiene
- Education - Educator Preparation
- Electrical Technology
- Energy Technologies
- Engineering and Electronics Technology
- Environmental Science Technology
- Equine Studies
- Filmmaking and Cinematic Arts
- Fire/Rescue Science Technology
- GOTS for Police Academy
- Human Services
- Industrial Maintenance Technology
- Information Management and Design
- Integrated Engineering Technology
- Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education
- Kentucky Medication Aide
- Medicaid Nurse Aide
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Information Technology
- Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging Technology
- Nursing - RN
- Paramedic - EMS
- Pharmacy Technology
- Practical Nursing
- Respiratory Care
- Supply Chain Management
- Surgical Technology
- Theatre - AFA
- Welding Technology
- Please see your advisor. They will help with an unofficial audit to make sure you are ready to apply.
- Submit the online graduation application by the deadline stated above.
- Please keep the paper records (including the audit) from the advisor for yourself. The Student Records Office will contact you if we need further information.
August and December 2018 Graduates and Candidates for May 2019 Graduation
CONGRATULATIONS! The Bluegrass Community and Technical College Graduation Activities Committee would like to invite you, your family and friends to participate in the graduation activities for 2019. For your reference, we have put together the following schedule of events related to the graduation activities.
Credentials will not be issued at the ceremony. They will be mailed to the address indicated in your self-service account approximately eight weeks after the ceremony.
In preparation for the graduation ceremony, please plan to attend one of our Graduation Information Sessions. (see schedule below) Sessions will last approximately one hour. Your attendance at rehearsal will ensure a smooth commencement ceremony.
|Date||Day of Week||Time||Room||Building||Campus|
|4/30/2019||Tuesday||10:00 AM||Room 105||Danville Campus|
|4/30/2019||Tuesday||3:30 PM||Room 106||Georgetown Campus|
|5/1/2019||Wednesday||11:00 AM||Room 117||Lawrenceburg Campus|
|5/3/2019||Friday||10:00 AM||Room 230||Oswald Building||Cooper Campus|
|5/3/2019||Friday||3:00 PM||Conference Center||Building C||Leestown Campus|
|5/8/2019||Wednesday||5:30 PM||Room 106||Classroom Building||Newtown Campus|
|5/10/2019||Friday||10:00 AM||Room 106||Classroom Building||Newtown Campus|
|5/10/2019||Friday||2:00 PM||Room 106||Classroom Building||Newtown Campus|
Caps and Gowns/Invitations
All students participating in the ceremony will need to purchase a black cap, gown and tassel by noon, Friday, May 10th. These items may be purchased at the BCTC Bookstore located at either the Leestown or Cooper Campus. The cost will be $50.98 plus tax. The caps, gowns and tassels will be available in the bookstore beginning April 1, 2019.
Information regarding the purchase of invitations will also be available in the bookstore or available online at www.herffjones.com/college.
The commencement will be held on Sunday, May 12th, 2019 at 4:00 pm at the Alumni Coliseum located on the campus of Eastern Kentucky University. All graduates should report by 3:00 p.m. The coliseum is located at 521 Lancaster Avenue, Richmond, Kentucky. Directions are located at
Admission tickets are not issued to the commencement. It is free and open to family, friends, and the public. Free parking is available.
Professional photographs will be taken at the commencement ceremony, and various packages are available. You are under no obligation to order photographs and no money is required unless you place an order. Information on photograph costs will be available at rehearsal. Personal photographs and videos can be made during the ceremony in designated areas only.
Attention Federal Student Loan Borrowers
You must complete exit loan counseling. Exit counseling can be completed online at https://studentloans.gov. If you have questions regarding exit loan counseling, please contact the Financial Aid Office at (855) 246-2477 or email your question to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions concerning graduation activities feel free to contact us at email@example.com
If you have any questions concerning graduation feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org