Applications are now being accepted for May 2018 graduation. The deadline to apply for a May 2018 degree is Friday, February 9, 2018.
The Bluegrass Community and Technical College Graduation Activities Committee would like to invite you, your family and friends to participate in the graduation activities for 2018. For your reference, we have put together the following schedule of events related to the graduation activities.
Applications for Graduation
- Please see your advisor to prepare and submit a graduation application and an audit to the Student Records Office by Friday, February 9, 2018.
- Applications will only be accepted with an audit sheet and the advisor's signature.
- Administrative Office Technology
- Air Conditioning Technology
- Architectural Technology
- Automotive Technology
- Biotechnology Laboratory Technician
- Business Administration Systems
- Business Management and Marketing
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Computer Aided Drafting and Design
- Computer and Information Technologies
- Computerized Manufacturing and Machining
- Construction Technology
- Cosmetology and Esthetician
- Criminal Justice
- Dental Assisting
- Dental Hygiene
- Digital Cinematic Arts
- Education - Educator Preparation
- Electrical Technology
- Energy Technologies
- Engineering and Electronics Technology
- Environmental Science Technology
- Equine Studies
- Fire/Rescue Science Technology
- GOTS for Police Academy
- Human Services
- Industrial Maintenance Technology
- Information Management and Design
- Integrated Engineering Technology
- Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education
- Kentucky Medication Aide
- Medicaid Nurse Aide
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Information Technology
- Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging Technology
- Nursing - RN
- Paramedic - EMS
- Pharmacy Technology
- Practical Nursing
- Respiratory Care
- Surgical Technology
- Theatre - AFA
- Welding Technology
- Please see your advisor. They will help with an unofficial audit to make sure you are ready to apply.
- Submit the online graduation application by Friday, February 9, 2018.
- Please keep the paper records (including the audit) from the advisor for yourself. The Student Records Office will contact you if we need further information.
Credentials will not be issued at the ceremony. They will be mailed to the address indicated on your Self-service account approximately eight weeks after the ceremony.
In preparation for the graduation ceremony, please plan to attend one of our Graduation Information Sessions. (see schedule below) Sessions will last approximately one hour. Your attendance at rehearsal will ensure a smooth commencement ceremony.
|Tuesday, April 24||10:00 am||Room 113||Danville Campus|
|Tuesday, April 24||3:30 pm||Room 106||Georgetown Campus|
|Wednesday, April 25||11:00 am||Room 117||Lawrenceburg Campus|
|Friday, April 27||10:00 am||Room 203 Oswald||Cooper Campus|
|Friday, April 27||2:00 pm||Conference Center-Building C||Leestown Campus|
|Wednesday, May 2||5:30 pm||Room 106 Classroom Building (NCB)||Newtown Campus|
|Friday, May 4||10:00 am||Room 102 Science Education Center (NSEC)||Newtown Campus|
|Friday, May 4||2:00 pm||Room 102 Science Education Center (NSEC)||Newtown Campus|
Caps and Gowns/Invitations
All students participating in the ceremony will need to purchase a cap, gown and tassel. These items may be purchased at the BCTC Bookstore located at either the Leestown or Cooper Campus. The cost is $50.98 plus tax. The caps, gowns and tassels will be available in the bookstore beginning April 2, 2018. Information regarding the purchase of invitations will also be available in the bookstore or available online with HERFF JONES
The commencement will be held on Sunday, May 6, 2018 at 4:00 pm at the Alumni Coliseum located on the campus of Eastern Kentucky University. All graduates should report by 3:00 p.m. The Coliseum is located at 521 Lancaster Avenue, Richmond, Kentucky.
Admission tickets are not issued to the commencement. It is free and open to family, friends, and the public. Free parking is available.
Professional photographs will be taken at the commencement ceremony, and various packages are available. You are under no obligation to order photographs and no money is required unless you place an order. Information on photograph costs will be available at rehearsal. Personal photographs and videos can be made during the ceremony in designated areas only.
Attention Federal Student Loan Borrowers
You must complete exit loan counseling. Exit counseling can be completed online with StudentLoans.gov. If you have questions regarding exit loan counseling, please contact the Financial Aid Office at (855) 246-2477 or email your question to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions concerning graduation activities feel free to contact us at email@example.com