Ready to Work
The Ready to Work (RTW) Program is a partnership between Kentucky Community and Technical College (KCTCS) and the KY Cabinet for Health and Family Services, Department for Community Based Services (DCBS). RTW serves BCTC students and parents who are low income. Participants receive paid work experience on and off campus; counseling, advising, and mentoring; referrals to community resources; job references and referrals; job readiness, life skills, and academic success seminars.
To be eligible for Ready to Work
- You must be enrolled in classes @ Bluegrass. Or, we can help to get you enrolled with assistance in admissions or financial aid.
- You must have an active KTAP case with the Cabinet for Health and Family Services.
Ready to Work offers work opportunities both on and off campus through a work-study program. Students gain work experience while earning extra income that will not reduce their KTAP income; it is counted as income in the food stamp case. The placement of work study student in their fields of study with both private and non-profit employers helps prepare them for the workplace and often leads to full time employment.
When you become a Ready to Work participant, we help you:
- Assess career goals and choices
- Complete the Department of Community Based Services Verification forms (enrollment, employment, housing, income, etc.)
- Navigate the enrollment and financial aid process
- Meet and network with peers
- Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Cooper, Newtown and Winchester Campuses
323 Oswald Building
470 Cooper Drive
Lexington, Ky 40506-0235
or email, Ellen Biddle
Leestown, Danville, and Lawrenceburg Campuses
Ready to Work Coordinator
Bluegrass Community and Technical College
164 Opportunity Way
Lexington, KY 40511