What is Medical Assisting?
A medical assistant is an integral member of the health care delivery team, qualified by education and experience to work in the administrative office, the examining room and the physician's laboratory.
Work Ready Kentucky Scholarship
Visit the Work Ready Kentucky Scholarship website for more information on applying for Work Ready Kentucky Scholarship program.
Visit the program website to learn more about degree requirements, program faculty, career opportunities, and more.
What are my career options?
- Over the past 5 years, 87% of Medical Assisting graduates from Bluegrass Community and Technical College have taken and passed the national accreditation exam.
- The Medical Assisting program at Bluegrass Community and Technical College has a job placement rate of 86% over the past five years.
What are my degree, diploma, or certificate options?
A program plan describes the degree requirements (courses) and the sequence for completing the courses. Students are required to schedule an appointment with their assigned academic advisor to ensure achievement of their academic goals.
Gainful Employment Information
- Medical Assisting DIPLOMA
- Medical Office Insurance Billing & Coding CERTIFICATE
- Medical Office Administrative Assistant CERTIFICATE
- List of Gainful Employment Disclosures
Length of Program
You can earn an associate in applied science degree in two years if you maintain full-time status.
This information should not be considered a substitute for the KCTCS Catalog. You should always choose classes in cooperation with your faculty advisor to ensure that you meet all degree requirements.