Whether you’re a high school student, a returning student or just looking to take a class on the side, following these steps will make your admissions experience easy!
Submit the Application for Admission. It's free, and it only takes about 15 minutes
Start Your Application
You can order your high school transcript at parchment.com or your GED transcripts at request.ged.ky.gov. Don’t forget to send transcripts for all previously attended non-KCTCS colleges, for example, any dual credit classes you may have taken in high school. Home school transcripts must be notarized and can be mailed to the below address.
Bluegrass Community and Technical College
500 Newtown Pike
Lexington, KY 40508
In order to accommodate prospective students who cannot take a placement test, BCTC will use a cumulative high school GPA for placement for Summer 2020 through Summer 2021. High school GPA placement is based on the unweighted cumulative GPA recorded at the end of the most recent term completed.
If you have not met the high school GPA requirement, you may need to submit additional test scores.
- ACT and KYOTE scores can be submitted on a high school transcript.
- You can request ACT scores online.
- You can request SAT scores online. SAT benchmark scores are: Evidence-Based Reading and Writing 440, Mathematics 360.
- AP scores may be used for placement instead of ACT scores. You can request your AP scores online.
Once you have been admitted to the college, you will receive an acceptance email. That email will provide you with a link to submit a pre-advising form and information on scheduling Freshman Orientation.
- Visit the User Account Center to setup your account.
- Once your account is setup, login and view your class schedule, grades, financial aid, and tuition payment information.
Meet Your Admissions Team
Need Help Getting Started?
If you have questions about admissions, transcripts, courses or financial aid, feel free to connect with a member of our admissions team!