BCTC Announces New Board Members
LEXINGTON, Ky. (Sept. 8, 2010) Three new members joined the Bluegrass Community and Technical College Board of Directors.
S. Dudley Taylor, a banker and accountant with the People's Exchange Bank in Winchester, was appointed by Gov. Steve Beshear to serve as a member of the board. Taylor will serve a three-year term ending October 2013.
Donna Heath-Johnson, a project manager for BCTC's Workforce Development, was elected by the BCTC Staff Council to serve a three-year term ending July 2013 as a staff representative.
Michelle Harris Shields, BCTC student body president, was elected by the Student Government Association to serve a one-year term ending July 2011 as a student representative on the board.
At a board of directors meeting held Sept. 1, three members were re-elected in various board officer positions:
Florence Huffman, an attorney from Huffman Law Office in Lexington, was re-elected as Chair. Annissa Franklin from the Urban League in Lexington was re-elected as vice chair. Robert E. "Bob" Rowland, retired Danville School Superintendent, was re-elected as Board Secretary.
The next Board of Directors meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, Dec. 8, 2010.
The main duties for the Board of Directors include:
- Recommend candidate for office of college president to the KCTCS President
- Evaluate the college president and give board's evaluation to KCTCS president
- Approve budget requests for recommendation to KCTCS
- Adopt and amend an annual operating budget for submission to KCTCS Board of Regents
- Approve college strategic plan that is consistent with that of KCTCS
*Images top to bottom: S. Dudley Taylor, Donna Heath-Johnson, Michelle Harris Shields