Becoming H∙E∙R is a program established to support female students of color, particularly African-American/Black females. Becoming H∙E∙R intends to increase, encourage, and support inclusion and educational success. This female empowerment program is designed to address the needs of women of color. Becoming H∙E∙R will also strive to develop valuable leadership skills at Bluegrass Community and Technical College. This retention program will foster a supportive environment for students to learn and grow as active members of the community and as individuals through education.
- Academic Support
- Student Success
- Students must be enrolled at BCTC as a credential seeking student.
- Participants expected to attend monthly discussions. Discussions are co-facilitated by a Community Leader and a BCTC Employee.
- Students are expected to meet with the African-American Retention Specialist (Advisor or other assigned advisors) and mentor twice per semester.
- Students will engage in a shared-learning experience.
Benefits of Becoming H∙E∙R
• Strong connections with other students
• Building relationships with Community Leaders, Faculty & Staff
• Topic Discussions
• Social and Cultural Activities
• Academic Support
Tania Crawford Gross
Associate Vice President of Retention and Student Success
email@example.com 859 246-6580
African American Recruitment & Retention Specialist
firstname.lastname@example.org 859 246-6471
For more information, please email BL-BecomingHer@kctcs.edu.