Student Printing Policy and Pricing
- At the beginning of the academic year (on or around the start of the Fall Term in August of each year) students will have their Semester Allotment for printing at on campus printers and multifunction printers (copiers) set to $5.00. This represents a free credit equal to 50 free pages of black and white printing single-sided, or the equivalent of 71 pages when printing on both sides of the page (color printing is available in some areas and is charged at $0.25 single-sided, and $0.23 double-sided).
- Students will receive an additional $5.00 of print credit applied to their Semester Allotment at the beginning of the Spring and Summer Semesters of each academic year.
- Students can purchase additional print credit which will be applied to their Paid Print Credit throughout the year as needed in increments outlined in the Purchase Policy.
- Print credit for Semester Allotment will expire at the end of the summer term each year, and the Semester Allotment is reset to $5.00. This occurs on or around the start of the fall term each academic year.
- Print Credits are debited from the Semester Allotment first, then will use Purchased Print Credit.
- Purchased Print Credit does not expire or get reset as long as a student is enrolled at the college. Once a student is no longer enrolled in classes at Bluegrass Community and Technical College, purchased print credit will expire.
- No refunds are issued for unused print credit whether it be Semester Allotment, or Purchased Print credit. Plan your print credit purchases accordingly.
- Black and White (Grayscale) Printing
- $0.10 per page Single-Sided
- $0.07 per page Double-Sided
- Color (Not available in all rooms or locations)
- $0.25 per page Single-Sided
- $0.23 per page Double-Sided
Purchase Policy and Methods
Preferred Method for ALL Campuses
- Secure Electronic Payment via PaperCut online payment gateway: Funds can be added
to your student Paid Print Credit using the PaperCut shortcut on the desktop of any
student computer on any of the BCTC campuses, or by clicking on Details in the PaperCut
balance window when logged on to any campus computer. This is the preferred, quickest
and easiest way to add print credit to your PaperCut account. Your PaperCut account
can also be accessed by logging in to your user portal with your KCTCS credentials.
- A credit or debit card is needed to add funds electronically and a minimum purchase of $3.00 or higher is required to use the electronic system.
- Payments are handled securely through PayPal's secure payment gateway.
Alternate Method for Lexington Campuses (Cooper, Leestown, and Newtown)
- During Regular Business Hours you can visit the Bursar's (Student Billing) Office and pay with cash, check, money order, cashier's check, debit or credit card to purchase print credits to be added to their PaperCut balance.
- After Regular Business Hours if you not have access to a credit or debit card, you can visit the Open Lab at Cooper or the Learning Commons/Library at Newtown and Leestown and complete a "print credit voucher purchase form" to purchase print credit. The charges will be posted to your student bill in your student self-service, and can be paid online using your self-service, or in person at a Bursar's (Student Billing) Office. Minimum purchase amounts for purchasing print credit are the same for after regular business hours print voucher purchases as they are on the PaperCut online payment gateway.
Alternate Method for Regional Campuses (Danville, Georgetown, Lawrenceburg, and Winchester-Clark County)
- If you do not have access to a credit or debit card at Georgetown, Lawrenceburg, Winchester and Danville can visit the main campus office to complete a "print credit voucher purchase form" for purchase of credit. The charges will be posted to your student bill in your student self-service, and can be paid online using your self-service, or in person at a Bursar's (Student Billing) Office on one of the Lexington campuses. A minimum purchase is required and is the same as the preferred method, $3.00 or higher.