The Transfer Center is designed to assist BCTC students with transfer to a four-year institution
Schedule an appointment with a Transfer Advisor who can help you develop a plan to transfer to a four-year institution.
Monday-Thursday 8 A.M to 5 P.M. and Friday 8 A.M. to 4 P.M.
Cooper Campus, Oswald Building Room 118
Newtown Campus, Classroom Building Room 012 (downstairs)
Friday, November 16
11am - 2pm
EKU would like to invite KCTCS students to a special Transfer Event. Participants will enjoy:
- Campus Tour
- Transfer Students Panel
- Learn about Support Services
- Financial Aid and Scholarships
- and more...
Register online at: https://goo.gl/A2pQKE
For questions, contact SOTO at (859) 622-7686
Campus Tours of EKU that include a walking tour of campus led by a current EKU student. You will learn about:
- Admission Criteria
- Financial Aid
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Student Life
- Transfer Process
Tours will be offered
- September 21, 2018
- September 28, 2018
- October 19, 2018
- October 26, 2018
- November 9, 2018
- November 30, 2018
- December 7, 2018
To apply for the EKU Social Work Program this fall, you must attend the FAll 2018 Admissions Orientation.
Richmond Campus Martin Hall, room 120.
Thursday, October 4
This meeting includes a question and answer session and required application forms.
For additional info, contact Stephanie Adams. Or, contact Evelyn Jones at 622-1645, Keith 224.
- Meet with an engineering recruiter to discuss majors, scholarships, internships, and more.
- Tour engineering facilities
- Opportunity to meet with a UK Transfer Advisor to discuss courses and the transfer process
- September 7
- September 21
- October 5
- October 19
- November 2
- November 16
- November 30
Most Kentucky institutions offer great transfer scholarships to BCTC students. Scholarship information is subject to change and typically the scholarships/awards are based on merit, GPA, or other distinguishing factors. To find out more about scholarships please ask your transfer advisor or visit the transfer institutions website for the details.
Transcripts are processed through the Registrar’s office. Please visit our transcript request page for more information.
Look up how your credits will transfer to other institutions through our TES database.
BCTCblue+ is a dual enrollment partnership between Bluegrass Community and Technical College and the University of Kentucky. The program is designed for BCTC students who intend to complete an Associate in Arts or Science degree (AA or AS) and then transfer to UK.
Students enrolled in this program are eligible to take up to 12 credit hours (or four courses) of pre-major and major coursework at UK while pursuing an AA or AS degree at BCTC. BCTCblue+ students pay the BCTC tuition rate for the allotted 12 credit hours of UK courses.
The deadline to meet in person with an transfer advisor is November 1, 2018 to participate in Blue + program for Spring Semester.
BCTC UK Pathway to Transfer Guides
Pathway guides provide suggested sequences of coursework that will satisfy the requirements for an AA or AS degree at BCTC and that are well-suited for completing more than 50 UK undergraduate majors in approximately two to three years after earning the AA or AS degree.
Eligibility for the program is based on the following criteria:
- Must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours at BCTC
- Enrolled in an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree program
- Plan to transfer to UK
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA at BCTC
- Must have at least 12 earned credits hours.
- Cannot have earned an AA, AS, Bachelor s, or graduate degree.
Applying for BCTCblue+
- Complete the online application.
- If you are not yet enrolled at BCTC, apply for admission to BCTC and enroll in an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree plan. Once accepted to BCTC, you can apply for BCTCblue+.
- If you have further questions about BCTCblue+, email email@example.com Once you Apply for BCTCblue+
Meet with your BCTC Academic Advisor each semester.
- Meet regularly with the UK Transfer Advisor.
- Maintain at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA.
- Earn your AA or AS degree.
- Apply and transfer to UK.
Click on the following logos to visit each school's web site and find out more information about transferring.