Virtual Student Leadership Series
Through a combination of workshops, experiential activities and self-reflection, you will learn how to make positive changes in your own life and in your community.
Register for the Student Leadership Series
What do You Gain?
- You will be inspired to see yourself as a leader
- You will be guided in developing your leadership potential
- You will be empowered to make a positive difference on campus and in the community
The Student Leadership Series is offered to all KCTCS students and is hosted by the SKYCTC Student Engagement and Leadership Department. It is a 3-tiered experience, which consists of 12 workshops. These workshops which are repeated each semester. Students will also complete 2 experiential exercises and 1 reflective essay. In order for a student to receive the leadership certificate for a specific tier, the student must complete the requirements of that tier. There is no time limit to completing the series.
Begin to develop your leadership abilities through participation in workshops and involvement in a student organization.
- Defining Leadership, Leadership Styles, Communication and Persuasion
- Group Dynamics, Visioning and Goal Setting, Dealing with Conflict
KCTCS Student Organization: active participation in one of BCTC’s student organizations.
Through self-reflection and by focusing on personal growth you will expand upon your leadership skills and abilities.
- Values Based Leadership, Ethical Leadership and Decision Making, Consciousness of Self
Personal Leadership Philosophy: This paper will be a description of your core values, then turning those values into operating principles, and integrating those principles into a coherent statement of how you intend to lead in life.
Your leadership skills and ability in action: Exploring your ability to influence and enact change through service and civic responsibility.
- The Creative Activist, Building Community, Personal Branding
Community Service: active participation in an approved community service project.
How to Register
Please complete and submit the registration form. Once you submit the form, you will begin to receive invitations to attend the student leadership workshops.
Workshop 1: Defining Leadership, Leadership Styles, Communication & Persuasion
- January 26 (4:00-7:00pm)
- January 27 (9:00am-12:00pm)
Workshop 2: Group Dynamics, Visioning and Goal Setting, Dealing with Conflict
- February 23 (4:00-7:00pm)
- February 24 (9:00am-12:00pm)
Workshop 3: Values Based Leadership, Ethical Leadership and Decision Making, Consciousness of Self
- March 23 (4:00-7:00pm)
- March 24 (9:00am-12:00pm)
Workshop 4: The Creative Activist, Building Community, Personal Branding
- April 20 (4:00-7:00pm)
- April 21 (9:00am-12:00pm)
Contact the Student Success Hub at BCTC at BCTCfirstname.lastname@example.org for more information.