The HEART of BCTC
The HEART of BCTC was created for students who may need additional resources during their time at Bluegrass Community and Technical College. The HEART of BCTC provides food assistance and career ready clothing to enhance a student's overall well-being.
You can also check out our quick list of local community resources.
For questions please email BL-Heart@kctcs.edu.
Dates of service
On the following dates the HEART of BCTC Pantry will be open from 10 AM – 2 PM.
- July 9
- July 23
- August 6
- August 20
- September 3
The HEART of BCTC Food Pantry and Career Closet is located at:
Leestown Campus, A Building, Room 203
164 Opportunity Way
Lexington, KY 40511
Parking is free at the Leestown Campus
What to expect when you visit
Due to covid-19, students must take the following actions when visiting the heart of bctc pantry
- All students are required to wear a face mask when visiting the pantry. If you do not have a face mask, there are free masks available at the check in station, located at the back entrance to the C Building.
- Before visiting the pantry, all students must first check in and have their temperature checked. This check in point is located at the back of the C Building, by bookstore. Please enter through the double doors near the bookstore entrance. The pantry is located in the A Building, so you are welcome to walk across campus to access the A Building through the 2nd Floor entrance, or you can drive to the A Building and still enter through the 2nd Floor entrance of the A Building. A BCTC staff member can direct you to the location of the Food Pantry after completing the check in.
- When you visit the resource center, you will fill out a short intake form. Be sure to know your BCTC Student ID number.
- Please bring a Photo ID.
- You will be able to choose from the food, toiletry and cleaning supplies available.
- Students may visit the pantry once a month.
- Students will receive one bag to shop for items.
An appointment with a Career Counselor is not needed if students are interested in only receiving clothes from the Career Closet. If you would like to meet with a Career Counselor to review your resume and prepare for an upcoming interview along with receiving clothes, please schedule an appointment with a Career Counselor. Sign up online for an appointment with a Career Counselor.
- The career closet has work and interview-appropriate clothing available for students.
- Please note: Not all items are available in all sizes.
- The hours and dates for the career closet are the same as those listed above for the food pantry.
Due to limited office hours and COVID-19 concerns, we are asking if you would like to assist in serving students that you donate monetarily through the BCTC Foundation. If you have questions about donating food, baby, cleaning or personal hygiene items, please email BL-Heart@kctcs.edu.
In person donations of clothing items are not accepted at this time.