Request Disability Support Services | BCTC

Request Disability Support Services

How do I request services?

Students who require academic accommodations or other assistance should contact Student Accessibility Services (SAS) for an appointment as soon as possible to discuss Documentation Guidelines, reasonable accommodations and procedures for notifying instructors.

To schedule an appointment on your campus, call (859) 246-6534, or send an e-mail to Parents, faculty, staff, or community agencies such as the Department of Vocational Rehabilitation and Office for the Blind may also make referrals. However, services are voluntary and provided only upon student request. All referrals are confidential and whether or not to disclose the nature of the disability to anyone else is left up to the student.

We will notify your instructors of your accommodations only at your request. Please complete and sign a request form if you want your instructors notified. A new form must be completed every semester or whenever your class schedule changes. Forms are available in the DSS offices, DSS Testing Center, or the Accommodations Letter Request can be completed online.