Open Computer Lab Usage Policies
Responsible Unit: Information Technology Services
- Hours of operation will be posted outside the entrances to the Open Computer Labs. Information about the labs, including hours of operation may also be found on the Open Computer Lab page.
- No food or drink is permitted in any computing labs.
- Lab personnel will assist students with application access but are unable to provide instruction with application usage. Lab personnel are available to help students with the hardware, but they do not provide tutoring. Instructors should be contacted for assistance with assignments. Assistance is also available through the BCTC Tutoring Center.
- Lab users must not install personal software. All data files to be accessed on the lab workstations must be automatically scanned for viruses. Students should routinely save their computer work throughout the course of their lab session. If work is unsaved, it may be impossible to recover. Students should save their work on a flash drive and not on the local drive.
- Students are responsible for all personal items left at the computer station. Valuables should not be left unattended.
- The Open Computer Labs do not allow the printing of envelopes, paper not provided in the lab, or on transparencies
- Talking and/or disruptive noises including playing CD's or using cellular phones are not permitted in the labs. Telephone calls should be taken in the hall. The Open Computer Labs follow a no tolerance policy to viewing pornography, nudity, and sexual content in the labs.