Check out our Advising and Assessment page for more information based on what type of student you are!
Hours, Locations & Contact Us
Oswald Building Room 109
Testing at the Cooper campus is limited to placement testing which can be scheduled, or walk-in placement testing is administered M-Th 9-3 and Fridays 9-2
For more information on testing at the Cooper campus, please call (859)246-6224
Building C, Room 100 (advising)
Building N, Room 110 (testing)
Hours of Operation*
- Monday, 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Tuesday, 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Wednesday, 8:30 AM - 6:30 PM
- Thursday, 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Friday, By Appointment Only.
The Testing Center closes for all BCTC Leestown Campus Closures
Newtown Classroom Building
Room 201 or 306 (depending on the date/time of the test)
Hours of Operation*
- Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Saturday - Sunday, closed
- *For testing after 2PM, please call and schedule and appointment
Contact Information(859) 239-7030
(859) 737-3098 ext. 0
Please check the Academic Calendar for school closings.
Special Accommodations. Students who require accommodations due to a disability are required to provide documentation that supports the requested accommodations. Provide this information before the test date. Please contact us at email@example.com or (859) 246-6669 to discuss documentation guidelines.
Registration required. Test-takers must be registered prior to beginning their exam. Test-takers will be checked in and checked out by Testing Center Staff. Registration is encouraged as early as possible. Same day registration is permitted for some exams. NOCTI, NLN exams must be scheduled two weeks in advance.
Picture ID. Test-takers must present a valid Driver's License or government issued ID. Student ID cards may only be used for proctored exams for college courses.
Test-takers must leave large items such as backpacks and purses in their vehicle.
No Internet capable devices. Cell phones, tablets, watches and other Internet capable devices are not permitted in examination rooms.
No children. Children are not allowed in the Testing Center.
No hats or jackets. Hats, jackets, hoodies, and other outer wear may not be worn in examination rooms.
No talking. Test-takers are reminded to be respectful of one another and to keep noise to a minimum.
No food or drink in the testing room. Please help us keep our Testing Center clean.
Scratch paper will be provided by the Testing Center and must be returned to Testing Center staff at the conclusion of the assessment.
Test monitoring. All exams are monitored by Vision , software that allows testing center staff to view computer monitors. Tests are also monitored by closed circuit TV and by walk-throughs conducted by Testing Center staff.
Use only approved software. Test-takers will NOT open external Web sites or other software programs unless given explicit permission to do so.
Mozilla Firefox. Use the Mozilla Firefox web browser to access your exam.
No reentry. Once a test has begun, test-takers who exit the Testing Center and then resume their test will be reported for a potential test violation. Many testing sponsors do not permit reentry.
Raise hand for assistance. Test-takers who require assistance may raise their hand to alert Testing Center staff.
Restricted Resources. Test takers will use only those resources permitted by the test directions. Testing Center staff will explain these resources at the start of the assessment.
Integrity of Testing Information. Test takers will not record or make copies in any format of test content.
Emergency Closures. The Testing Center follows Leestown Campus closures. Test-takers are encouraged to register with KCTCS Snap Alerts.
Failure to follow these policies may result in the nullification of test scores as well as possible disciplinary action as covered in the Code of Student Conduct.
Go to https://ondemand.questionmark.com/400030/ext/nlntesting/ and choose "Create a new account".
Creating an account will permit the testing staff to administer your test on your exam date.
- Username - In this field, enter something that will be easy to remember. You will need to
remember this to log back in later. We strongly recommend using your email address.
* NO SPECIAL CHARACTERS are allowed except periods, hyphens, apostrophes, and underscores.
- Email Address - Please enter a valid email address. All emails from the system will be sent to
- First Name - Please enter your complete first name (given name) in this field. Do not use a
- Last Name - Please enter your complete last name (surname) in this field. Both the first and last names entered while creating your account will be used on your official score reports for the exams that you take.
- Primary Phone - Please list a phone number that we can easily reach you with.
- School Membership - Select "Bluegrass Community and Technical College".
- Time Zone - Your time zone setting will be automatically detected. Do not change this.
- Address - Please enter your current address in the fields provided: Country, Address 1, Address
2, City, State, and Zip Code.
- Date of Birth - Fairly straightforward, enter your date of birth following the mm/dd/year format.
- Demographics - All of the questions under the "Demographics" heading are research questions and are OPTIONAL. If you do not want to participate, select "N/A" or "none".
- Saving - Once you have finished you may selected the "Create New Account" button on the
bottom of the screen.
- A link to set your NLN password will be sent to your email address.
- Once you have completed your registration, go to the "Exam Sessions" tab on your account
page to choose your exam date and purchase your test.
- At some point before your exam date, visit https://www2.registerblast.com/bluegrass/Exam/List to pay your test administration fee.