Mission & Vision
Bluegrass Community and Technical College (BCTC) transforms the Bluegrass Region-one student, one employer, and one community at a time. BCTC is a member of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System.
- Review of mission statement by college faculty, staff, and administration - May 10, 2022
- Endorsement by local college Board of Directors
- Review by Chancellor
- Review and approval by the KCTCS President and KCTCS Board of Regents
- Mission Statement approved by BCTC Board of Directors - June 1, 2022
BCTC's Goals Focus On
- Increasing student access and success.
- Promoting excellence in teaching and learning.
- Cultivating an inclusive learning community.
- Enhancing strategies for economic, workforce, and community development.
- Building resources for an effective and sustainable college.
Bluegrass Community and Technical college aspires to teaching and learning excellence, student success, and creative solutions for educational, economic, and community challenges.
As an organization that serves and learns, made up of students, faculty, and staff, and supported by boards, councils, and advisors, BCTC is guided by these core values:
- Authenticity - We act with integrity and uphold our commitments.
- Inclusion - We empower students, faculty, and staff to create an inclusive culture through open access, shared experience, and mutual respect.
- Meaningful Interaction - We value considerate and productive communication, empowered listening, and diversity of thought and expression.
- Focus on Learning - We support lifelong learning through teaching and service that nurture emotional and intellectual growth to foster meaningful lives.
- Innovation - We embrace challenges using new, creative, and flexible ideas and actions that seek improvements and support educational excellence.
- Responsiveness - We assess needs, create partnerships, and take initiative to support the economic and cultural development of the communities we serve.
- Positive Environment - We embrace joy and celebration in our learning and working environment.
- Collaboration - We cooperate toward common goals, striving to create positive results by being helpful, courteous, and kind.
At BCTC, we believe that student success STARTS WITH US as we get to know our students and create connections that allow us to help them pinpoint their goals, make a plan, identify resources that will aid in goal attainment, graduate and become good members of our community.
BCTC puts students first by making them OUR priority and building an environment that creates opportunities for success. We are present for them and guide them toward their professional and personal goals.
The value of diversity in experience and points of view creates awareness, enlightenment, and betterment of the college community. It pushes all to reach outside comfort zones. It causes members to learn about something or someone that they previously did not know. It is in these, sometimes uncomfortable, places that members develop a richer campus community and world.
BCTC is committed to providing the best career, technical, and transfer education to all who are prepared to learn and to contribute to their own and their communities' success. BCTC serves a diverse student population who come to us from many different life circumstances. We will continue to support our students within applicable legal or policy changes that may come. Students who have been protected under DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) are contributing to a vital college culture at BCTC. They are not supported with any government-based financial assistance. Community colleges represent the educational hopes of students and families. In serving all students, BCTC remains a welcoming and inclusive environment, celebrating and recognizing our richly diverse community of learners.
BCTC welcomes and respects people of all cultures, religions, ages, socio-economic
statuses, sexual orientations, gender identities, national origins, languages, and
We celebrate individual differences as we evolve to be the face of a unified world. Our differences strengthen our resolve to deliver the highest standard of education in the Bluegrass Region.
Endorsed by BCTC Board of Directors - March 1, 2017
BCTC supports free expression and exchange of ideas on campus. We ask that this be done within the policies and procedures that respect diversity and inclusion, and uphold campus safety.
To accomplish this purpose, BCTC and the Kentucky Community & Technical College System (KCTCS) have established policies and procedures regarding free speech expression. By adhering to these guidelines, we create an environment where we all can thrive.