International Student Checklist
International Application Checklist (F, M, and J Visas)
In order to complete your admission process and be permitted to come to Bluegrass Community and Technical College, every international student must complete each of the following tasks. Please note that all of the following steps are mandatory. No exceptions will be granted.
1. Complete an online admission application.
2. Submit all application materials to the Office of Admissions*.
- Submit official proof of English proficiency.
- First time college students: Submit official high school transcripts with English translation. Translated documents must be notarized.
- Transfer students: Submit your official and evaluated college transcripts. Learn more about foreign college transcript evaluation.
* BCTC will not return any documents to students that have been used for the admission process. No copies, scanned, or faxed documents will be considered official.
3. Complete and submit the Financial Verification Form.
International Pre-Arrival Checklist (F, M, and J Visas)
1. Receive admissions packet (including form I-20, letter of admission, other pertinent information) via postal mail. Set up your preferred letter shipping method.
2. Pay your SEVIS I-901 fee. Visit fmjfee.com
3. Apply for your visa at the US Embassy near you. To locate a US Embassy or Consulate near you, visit http://www.usembassy.gov/.
4. Make travel plans. Your admission packet will indicate the day that you must report to the school for orientation. However, your I-20 will allow you to enter the country 30 days before the class start day. Your plan should also include researching insurance options.
5. Report to campus and attend your orientation and visit International Student Services. Bring your visa, new address, and proof of health insurance.