Student Health Insurance | BCTC

Student Health Insurance

Full health insurance is required by the U.S. Department of State for all F-1, M-1, and J-1 international students. Medical expenses in the U.S. are very high, but very good and necessary. The law requires benefits of at least $200,000 per illness or injury for the duration of their studies. The benefit must include repatriation (death and removal to native country). There are special insurances for international students by several companies. To learn more about your insurance options, click on the links below.

Insurance Options

If you already have insurance that is payable in the United States and covers repatriation, bring a copy of the policy and proof of payment in English. If the policy meets the minimum requirements, you will be able to use that insurance and not required to purchase the international student insurance. Students who bring a spouse or other dependents will be required to purchase insurance for them. The insurance providers above have plans for the spouse and dependents.