Foreign Credential Evaluation | BCTC

COVID-19 Updates

Foreign Credential Evaluation

If you have ever attended a college outside of the United States, it is likely that you will need to provide an evaluation of your previous college coursework before receiving admission to Bluegrass Community and Technical College.

Do I need a Foreign Credential Evaluation?

  • In order to determine if you need an evaluation, you will need to submit an application form admission with detailed information about your institution.
  • Your admissions officer will send you an email within 10 days of application submission. The email will indicate if an evaluation is required.

General Rules about Foreign Credential Analysis:

  • Must be completed by an current approved agency which are listed at . Please note that evaluations completed by former NACES members, such as Education Evaluators International, Education International, INC., and Foreign Educational Document Services will not be accepted.
  • Needs to be a course-by-course evaluation, not just a transcript translation
  • We do not accept copies of evaluations, must be the original documents
  • Just because a transcript is in English does not mean it is evaluated
  • An evaluation is required from any accredited institution that is not in the US

Step by Step Instructions:

  1. Check with your admissions officer or the International Student Services Office to verify that an evaluation is required.
  2. Visit
  3. Choose an approved evaluation agency, be careful to not choose a former approved agency
  4. Visit the evaluation agency's website
  5. Order a course-by-course evaluation. You will need to have your foreign institution send an official transcript to the evaluation agency.
  6. Have the evaluation sent to Bluegrass Community and Technical College, or hand-deliver the evaluation yourself after it has arrived.
  7. After the transfer evaluator has evaluated all work, you may need to provide additional information about certain courses. Contact her directly regarding any specific transfer credit questions by emailing

For more information click here.