Foreign Credential Evaluation
Transcript Evaluation Requirement for Foreign College Courses
Students who have attended an accredited college outside of the United States must submit a transcript evaluation for admission to BCTC. After students submit the online application form, they will receive an e-mail listing the items needed to complete the application. This e-mail will indicate if an evaluated transcript is required.
Evaluated Transcripts FAQs:
- What is an evaluated transcript?
Because academic systems are different across countries, the evaluation helps us to understand what kinds of courses you took at your previous institution and how many credits you received. It also allows us to see your previous grades.
- How do I know if I need an evaluated transcript?
If you attended a university that was accredited in your native country, we will need to receive the transcript evaluation before you may be admitted.
- Was my previous college accredited?
Your admissions officer will answer this question for you by e-mail.
- Must I have my high school transcript evaluated?
No. High school credentials do not need evaluation. Only college-level transcripts require evaluation.
How to Order a Transcript Evaluation:
- When you order a transcript evaluation, you will tell the company to send it to Bluegrass Community and Technical College.
- Go to the company of your choice and create an account. A list of evaluation agencies can be found at the NACES website.
- The following companies have specific BCTC transcript evaluation request pages set up for you:
- For other evaluation agencies, you will select or enter Bluegrass Community and Technical College as the school that will receive your evaluated transcript.
- Those other agencies may be chosen from the NACES website.
After You Are Admitted:
- It is very likely that some of your previous coursework will transfer to BCTC.
- In order to ensure that you have courses transferred in accurately, please provide us with as much information about your courses as possible.
- Examples of such information can include a syllabus, course outline, or course descriptions from the school’s website or college program.
- Keep in mind that if you transfer from BCTC to another U.S. college, the foreign college credits might transfer differently to that new college.