The process for applying is a Complete Application Packet format. Students must submit all documents below in one envelope to be considered for the program. Even if you have applied before and/or are currently
enrolled, we will need all documents resubmitted to the Office of Admissions, room
203 Oswald Building, Cooper Campus by February 15 for admission to the fall program. Only complete packets will be processed and considered
for the program.
Gather all of the documents required below for consideration to the Dental Hygiene
program and place them in one envelope:
- Create a Selective Admissions System account. Once you have an active account you can print a program checklist to begin
the process. You must submit the checklist with your packet.
- Students who are currently enrolled in classes at BCTC must submit a complete packet
of all documents listed here. Students who are not currently enrolled in classes at
BCTC must fill out an application for admission and a complete packet of all documents.
- Official scores of the American College Test (ACT) or the Scholastic Assessment Test
(SAT). This is also required for students with college course work. (We will accept
ACT or SAT scores on official high school transcripts.)
- Students who do not enroll for Fall 2019 must submit official transcripts of all post-secondary
education attempted. Transcripts must be submitted from EACH college or university
previously attended and must show every period of enrollment. Transcripts from the
Kentucky Community and Technical College System do not need to be submitted.
- In order to be considered for admission to the Dental Hygiene Program, each applicant
must attend a mandatory preadmission conference with the Program Coordinator. Please
refer to the preadmission conference website for further information. Additionally, you may view the Admissions Dental Hygiene Presentation to review admission requirements. However, please note that viewing this presentation does
not meet the standard for the required preadmission conference.
- Evidence of observation and/or work in a dental environment as documented on the Dental Hygiene Observation/Work Experience Form.
Reminder: Incomplete packets will not be accepted. Please turn in your packet to the Office of Admissions, Cooper Campus, by February 15. Please allow 10 business days to process your application to the dental hygiene program.
You will receive an automated e-mail informing you when your packet has been processed.
To check on the status of your application you will need to login to your Selective Admissions System account.
For additional information about the program, please check out the Dental Hygiene program website.