Selective Admission: Respiratory Care
The process for applying is a Complete Application Packet format. Students must submit all documents below in one envelope to be considered for the program. Even if you have applied before and/or are currently enrolled, we will need all documents resubmitted to the Office of Admissions, room 203 Oswald Building, Cooper Campus by May 1 for admission to the Fall program. Only complete packets will be processed and considered for the program.
Gather all of the documents required below for consideration to the Respiratory Care program and place them in one envelope:
- Create a Selective Admissions System account. Once you have an active account you can print a program checklist to begin the process. You must submit the checklist with your packet.
- Students who are currently enrolled in classes at BCTC must submit a complete packet of all documents listed here. Students who are not currently enrolled in classes at BCTC must fill out an application for admission and submit a complete packet of all documents.
- Official scores of the American College Test (ACT) or the Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) if less than 12 credits of college work have been completed. The college courses must be numbered 100 or higher, excluding remedial courses.
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary education attempted. Transcripts must be submitted from EACH college or university previously attended and must show every period of enrollment. Transcripts from the Kentucky Community and Technical College System do not need to be submitted.
- In order to be considered for admission to the Respiratory Care Program, each applicant must attend a mandatory preadmission conference. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to complete a Pre-Admission Conference Virtually.
Reminder: Incomplete packets will not be accepted. Please turn in your packet to the Office of Admissions, Cooper Campus, by May 1. Please allow 10 business days to process your application to the respiratory care program. You will receive an automated e-mail informing you when your packet has been processed. To check the status of your application you will need to login to your Selective Admissions System account.
For additional information about the program, please check out the respiratory care program website.