Selective Admission: Diagnostic Medical Sonography
The process for applying is a Complete Application Packet format. Students must submit all documents below in one envelope to be considered for the program. Even if you have applied before and/or are currently enrolled, we will need all documents resubmitted to the Office of Admissions, Newtown Campus by March 1 for admission to the Fall program. Only complete packets will be processed and considered for the program.
Gather all of the documents required below for consideration to the Diagnostic Medical Sonography and place them in one envelope:
- Create a Selective Admissions System account. Once you have an active account you can print a program checklist to begin the process. You must submit the checklist with your packet.
- Students who are currently enrolled in classes at BCTC must submit a complete packet of all documents listed here. Students who are not currently enrolled in classes at BCTC must fill out an application for admission and submit a complete packet of all documents.
- Submit official scores of the USA (Ultrasound Student Assessment) exam.
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary education attempted. Transcripts must be
submitted from EACH college or university previously attended and must show every
period of enrollment. Transcripts from the Kentucky Community and Technical College
System do not need to be submitted.
- If transcripts are already on file with admissions then you do not need to include additional copies in your packet.
- In order to be considered for admission to the Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program, each applicant must schedule a mandatory preadmission interview with the Program Coordinator. Interviews will be conducted at the beginning of the Spring semester.
- Students may also attend a highly encouraged, but optional, preadmission conference for the program. Please refer to the preadmission conference website for further information.
- Reminder: Incomplete packets will not be accepted. Please turn in your packet to the Office of Admissions, Newtown campus, by March 1. Please allow 10 business days to process your application to the Diagnostic Medical Sonography program. You will receive an automated e-mail informing you when your packet has been processed. To check the status of your application you will need to login to your Selective Admissions System account.
For additional information about the program, please check out the Diagnostic Medical Sonography program website.