The process for applying is a Complete Application Packet format. Students must submit all documents below in one envelope to be considered for the program. Even if you have applied before and/or are currently
enrolled, we will need all documents resubmitted to the Office of Admissions, room
203 Oswald Building, Cooper Campus by March 1 for admission to the Fall program. Only complete packets will be processed and considered
for the program.
Gather all of the documents required below for consideration to the Diagnostic Medical
Sonography- Cardiac or Vascular Tracks and place them in one envelope:
- Create a Selective Admissions System account. Once you have an active account you can print a program checklist to begin
the process. You must submit the checklist with your packet.
- Students who are currently enrolled in classes at BCTC must submit a complete packet
of all documents listed here. Students who are not currently enrolled in classes at
BCTC must fill out an application for admission and submit a complete packet of all documents.
- Submit official scores of the American College Test (ACT) or the Scholastic Assessment
- Students who do not enroll for Fall 2019 must submit official transcripts of all post-secondary
education attempted. Transcripts must be submitted from EACH college or university previously attended and must show every period of enrollment.
Transcripts from the Kentucky Community and Technical College System do not need to
- In order to be considered for admission to the Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program,
each applicant must attend a mandatory preadmission conference with the Program Coordinator.
Please refer to the preadmission conference website for further information. Additionally, you may view the Admissions Diagnostic Medical Sonography Presentation to review admission requirements. However, please note that viewing this presentation
does not meet the standard for the required preadmission conference.
- Reminder: Incomplete packets will not be accepted. Please turn in your packet to the Office of Admissions, Cooper Campus, by March 1. Please allow 10 business days to process your application to the Diagnostic Medical
Sonography program. You will receive an automated e-mail informing you when your packet
has been processed. To check the status of your application you will need to login
to your Selective Admissions System account.
For additional information about the program, please check out the Diagnostic Medical Sonography program website.