Federal and State Tuition Assistance
Each federal tuition assistance (TA) program requires different eligibility requirements and steps. Please reference the appropriate links for your branch of service. Provided below is a brief overview of what you may encounter when applying for your TA. Per Department of Defense (DOD) all TA is covered at $250 per semester hour, $166.67 per quarter hour, and $16.67 per clock hour. For cost of attendance, financial aid and admissions timeline, tuition and fees, and books, please refer to the Resources link to your left.
The DOD issued a policy that Tuition Assistance will not be authorized for classes for which a member is also receiving benefits under the Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserve program (chapter 1606 of title 10, United States Code), Reserve Educational Assistance Program (chapter 1607 of title 10, United States Code), or any other GI Bill program other than the Montgomery GI Bill - Active Duty program (chapter 30 of title 38, United States Code) or the Post-9/11 GI Bill program (chapter 33 of title 38, United States Code).
- All TA requests must be approved by your supervisor
- Education Service Office for education counseling can be retrieved through your Virtual Ed Center
- Submit your TA application in a timely manner
- Submit authorization to Linda Terry at email@example.com
- Contact your Education Service Officer (ESO) on which TA application to use from the CG Portal.
- Receive approval from your ESO and submit all supporting school documentation if requested.
- CG Institute or CG ETQC will process your application and send you your authorization. 4. Submit authorization to Linda Terry at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit the following and send to your Education Office
- Statement of Understanding
- Higher Education Prep (HEP) course for new TA applicants
- Financial Mgmt MCI-3420F for new TA applicants
- Active Reserve Marines submit a copy of activation or mobilization order
- Request updated codes from your Education Office to use WebTA and apply
- Receive Command Approval for use of TA 4. Submit authorization to Linda Terry at email@example.com
- Inform your command
- Complete the two required trainings.
- Receive educational counseling through your Navy College Education Counselor.
- Submit and review your education plan with your counselor.
- Submit TA application through WebTA
- Generate voucher and send to Linda Terry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MyCAA is a workforce development program that provides up to $4000 of financial assistance to eligible military spouses who are pursuing a license, certification or Associate's degree in a portable career field and occupation. Please submit approval to email@example.com.
- Tuition Assistance is available by inquiring at your unit to obtain the necessary
- Deadlines are April 1st for Summer and Fall semesters and October 1st for spring semester.
- The National Guard Center will load this information for ALL institutions in the state
and will then be distributed to the BCTC Business Office and applied to your student
- Changes in location of educational training cannot be made at the Office of Military
and Veterans Student Services; the Guards MUST contact Boone National Guard Center
at (502 607-1307. The National Guard Center will load this and distribute this information
for ALL institutions in the state to be updated.
- Military and Veteran Student Service does not directly receive the student list from
the KY National Guard nor does the office handle the National Guard TA. Please contact
William Demarcus IV at firstname.lastname@example.org for this information.
- Students who receive National Guard Tuition Assistance may also receive VA benefits, however your national guard tuition assistance is subtracted before processing for those receiving Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill tuition payments.