GI Bill® and KY Tuition Waiver
New Students Applying for VA Education Benefits
- Chapter 30 (Montgomery GI Bill®)
- Chapter 31 (Vocational Rehabilitation)
- Chapter 33 (Post 9/11 GI Bill®)
- Chapter 35 (Dependent or Spouse of a Veteran)
- 1606 (National Guard Reserve)
- 1607 (R.E.A.P)
Students applying for Chapter 30, 35, 1606, 1607 may require additional documents to submit to the VA Certifying Official.
Students applying for Chapter 31 Vocational Rehab assistance should first complete an application through eBenefits. Students will then need to provide the BCTC Certifying Official with a copy of their VA Form 1905, or have your case worker provide this before your enrollment can be certified.
Please note: only students receiving Chapters 31 (Voc Rehab) and 33 (Post 9/11) VA Educational Benefits will have their tuition payments submitted directly to BCTC. All other students are responsible for making payment arrangements with the business office for payment of their tuition and fees.
New and Continuing Students
- BCTC requires that any student applying for or using VA benefits to complete a Schedule Information Card at the beginning of every semester that the student is enrolled at BCTC.
- Students are responsible for notifying the BCTC VA Certifying Official of any changes in their Schedule (add/drop) during every semester.
- Students changing their school to BCTC (who have received VA benefits at another school in the past) or students changing their program/major.
- To complete the VA form 22-1995 and 22-5495, Request for Change of Program or Place of Training, online at the VA website.
Kentucky Tuition Waiver
- Students must print and mail the application to the Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs to the address listed below.
- Click here to complete the Tuition Waiver Application.
- Students must submit the KTW Certificate to the BCTC VA Certifying Official to have their tuition waived once approved.
Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs
Attn: Tuition Waiver Coordinator
321 West Main Street
Louisville, KY 40202
phone: (502) 569-1040
fax: (502) 595-4447