Distance Learning | BCTC

Earn a Degree from Anywhere

BCTC offers 112 Associate Degrees, Diplomas, and Certificates - 100% online.

best online community collegeWith online learning, you can earn a degree, diploma, or certificate completely online, while continuing to meet your family and work obligations. Bluegrass Community and Technical college’s online programs can help you reach your educational goals anywhere, at any time.

Our online classes and program are just that, online. You can complete a few courses or an entire program online without coming to campus. At a minimum, you will need a desktop or laptop computer, reliable Internet access and a webcam and mic. You should be comfortable using e-mail and accessing the Internet to go online. Our IT Help Desk is available to help you if you run into problems.

Even though your courses may be online, you are still connected to the BCTC community. Our online programs use the same accredited, rigorous curriculum and top-notch faculty as our on-campus programs. We strive to provide personal attention from faculty as well as opportunities for meaningful interactions with your peers. Online students will receive 24/7 access to the technical, academic, and financial support you need to succeed.

BCTC already offers some of the lowest tuition costs in the state. With financial aid options available on top of our already low cost, a degree from BCTC is within your reach!

What are you waiting for?

Contact Us

Feel free to email bl_distancelearning@kctcs.edu if you have any questions. 


BCTC adheres to the student complaint procedures set by the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA or SARA).

If you have a complaint or issue, the first step is to contact us at BCTC and we will do our best to work with you and reach an agreeable resolution. Visit the Complaints and Grievances page for processes on how to address your complaint.

Visit the Complaints and Grievances page

If the complaint is not resolvable at BCTC, you may file an appeal through the Council on Postsecondary Education (CPE)'s SARA Complaint page.

File CPE SARA Complaint