Let's Get BCTC-Ready!
Thank you for your interest in our BCTC Success Academies being provided this summer!
Success Academy is a program designed to support developmental mathematics, English, and reading students to improve their college readiness placement. Students who are unsure of their college readiness placement may still register to Success Academy, but a review of registrations will include a college readiness check to determine your eligibility to participate. Students who are enrolled in MAT 011, MAT 075, ENC 091, or IRW 085 for the Spring 2023 are encouraged to register. Note that any former Success Academy student can register again, but they will not be eligible for additional scholarship funds or prizes.
Receive $600 of scholarship-based funds toward tuition for successfully completing an academy.
|Winter Academy||Monday, December 12 - Friday, December 16|
Each Academy is FREE to the student and will provide:
- Interactive lessons on subject content with experienced faculty
- Introduction to BCTC campus, services and resources
- Hands-on experience with different technologies you will encounter in your classes at BCTC
- Engage with current BCTC students serving as Peer Mentors
- Free placement testing with opportunities to improve your placement
- The opportunity to skip one or more developmental classes, saving you time and money!
- Daily and Weekly Prizes!
- Lunch Provided!
- One Grand Prize awarded to each academy.
Each week-long Academy will have a hybrid structure:
- On location at the BCTC Newtown Campus, Classroom Building
- Monday, 9:00 AM - 3:15 PM
- Tuesday, 9:30 AM - 3:15 PM
- Friday, 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM
- Wednesday and Thursday will include virtual live meetings from 9AM-3:15PM with flexibility in chosen sessions.
- Individually scheduled on-campus and virtual meetings with peer mentor
- Virtual Advising sessions after the academy.
Attendance and completion is required to receive the Success Academy $600 Scholarship. We hope you will join us!