Priority Deadline to Apply: February 1, 2022
Bluegrass offers a variety of scholarships which vary from general to program specific.
Although some scholarships are awarded based on financial need and/or GPA, many scholarships have other criteria. Please review scholarship opportunities below.
Complete ONE Bluegrass general online application so we can consider you for the best scholarship match!
To be considered for a “financial need” scholarship, applicants must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Priority submission date: March 1
The online application will remain open until all scholarships are awarded.
Applications received after the priority due dates will be considered as funding becomes available.
How to Apply for scholarships
If you are planning to attend BCTC in Fall 2022 and/or Spring 2023, you should have your application and documentation submitted by February 1, 2022, to be considered for all available scholarships.
- The Priority Date for the 2022-2023 Scholarship Application will be February 1, 2022.
- Students can still submit a scholarship application after the Priority Date!
Gather the following documentation items. You'll need to submit them with your application.
- Original Statement
- Letter of recommendation
- Verification of High School ranking (used only for incoming freshman to determine eligibility for Commonwealth Scholarship)
- Verification of BCTC Disability Support Services (used for students with documented disability and utilizing DSS services). Must have signature of designated staff.
Please note the following:
- The priority deadline will not change you must have a completed scholarship application including documentation- submitted by February 1.
- If you have a technical/computer issues with the application you should contact technical support.
- Once the application has been submitted NO CHANGES can be made. You may still upload documents. A scholarship file is not considered complete until all required documents has been uploaded.
- Only students that will be receiving scholarships are contacted. If you do not receive a scholarship award notice from the Financial Aid Office, you have not been awarded. A denial letter will not be sent to you because your application will remain active for the academic year.
- All students - including current year scholarship recipients - must submit a scholarship application each academic year to receive a BCTC scholarship.
How to complete a BCTC Scholarship Application
Step 1: Create your profile.
1) Create a profile using the following information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Your Email Address
2) Verify your email address
An email with the subject "Please verify your new ‘Scholarship Application' account" will be sent to the email you provided. You must verify within 24 hours of creating your profile. Also, don't forget to check your JUNK/SPAM folders if your email filters.
3) Complete the rest of your profile including
- last 4 digits of your SSN
- Student ID
4) Once your profile is complete you may navigate between the tabs necessary to complete an application.
- Overview Tab - Reviews the 3 step process of completing an application
- Tab 1 (Profile) - Allows you to Edit Profile info such as address, phone number and email
- Tab 2 (Application) - Allows you to Start, Edit, or View their application
- Tab 3 (Documents) - Allows you to add or remove documents. HELP Tab - Info on who to contact for help
Step Two: Submit your application.
5) Complete an application. Please complete the application for which semesters you plan to attend (i.e. Fall 2022/Spring 2023). Click the green "Start A New Application" button to begin.
The application is broken down into 4 sections:
Click on the name of each section to expand and answer the questions.
You must answer each question under the required sections. At the end of each section it is recommended that you "SAVE & CONTINUE"
If you must leave and come back to the application later, you will find saved applications under the "My Applications" tab. Click "Edit" to open the saved application.
When you have completed Parts I, II, and III you are ready to sign the application. Please type your last name only as it appears on the profile. Don't forget to read and check the information box.
You are now ready to submit your application. Click on the Submit Application button.
You may print a copy of your application for your records by selecting the print button.
6) Upload documents to your application. At any time after you create your profile you may begin uploading documents. To upload a document, click on the Documents tab.
You may upload up to five documents of each type of supporting document. To begin select Choose File and attach your document.
Once you successfully upload a document it will show under the "My Supporting Documents" heading.
Once you complete the scholarship application, you will be considered for all available scholarships available during that financial year. The scholarships are awarded by a Scholarship Committee which is appointed by the college president.
It is difficult to anticipate the date that a scholarship will appear on a student account. In many cases scholarships may be posted after the financial aid disbursements are completed for the awarding semester. It is important to read your award notification letter carefully as it may indicate special circumstances.
Other Scholarship Opportunities
There are many websites available to students with useful scholarship information. Visit the following websites to search for scholarship opportunities.
- ASPIRE (Academic Support Program Inspiring to Reach Excellence) Interest Form
- Bluegrass Workforce Scholars Program
- Federal Student Aid
- First Generation Women Achievers of the Bluegrass
- Kincaid Scholarship
- Sara Jean Parks Pendleton Scholarship - Deadline: May 15, 2022
- Science to Success Scholarship
- UK-BCTC Joint Engineering Program - Toyota Diversity Scholarship
- P.E.O. International
- TC Energy Scholarship
- Work Ready Kentucky