Bluegrass Community & Technical College is dedicated to providing a diverse selection of scholarships to support the financial needs of our students. While criteria is varied with each scholarship, most are based on financial need. Some scholarships also emphasize strong academic need and/or special interests. Funding for BCTC scholarships come from the state government, individuals, businesses and organizations.
How to Apply
If you are planning to attend BCTC in Fall 2019 and/or Spring 2020, you should have your application and documentation submitted by March 1, 2019 to be considered for all available scholarships.
Students can still submit a scholarship application after the Priority Date!
The Priority Date for the 2020-2021 Scholarship Application will be February 1, 2020.
Here are the steps you will take to complete this application:
1. Create an online profile that will be verified using your provided email address. If you submitted a previous scholarship application, you will simply need to login to your profile to have access to the 2019-2020 application.
2. Once the online profile is confirmed, you may begin completing the application process, which is broken down into four categories.
- Education Info (required)
- Background Info (required)
- Demographic /Personal information (optional)
- Verification of Identify/Signature (required)
3. Once the application is submitted, you may begin to upload documentation to complete the application. If you submitted documentation for 2018-2019, don't forget to update your supporting documentation.
- Transcript (required)
- Original Statement (required)
- Letter of recommendation (required)
- Optional Verification of High School ranking (used only for incoming freshman to determine eligibility for Commonwealth Scholarship)
- Optional Verification of BCTC Disability Support Services (used for students with documented disability and utilizing DSS services) must have signature of designated staff.
Please note the following:
- The priority deadline will not change you must have a completed scholarship application including documentation- submitted by March 1 previous to the Fall semester to be considered a priority applicant. Example: Fall 2017/Spring 2018 semester priority date is March 1, 2017.
- If you have a technical/computer issues with the application you should contact technical support.
- Once the application has been submitted NO CHANGES can be made. You may still upload documents. A scholarship file is not considered complete until all required documents has been uploaded.
- Only students that will be receiving scholarships are contacted. If you do not receive a scholarship award notice from the Financial Aid Office, you have not been awarded. A denial letter will not be sent to you because your application will remain active for the academic year.
- All students - including current year scholarship recipients - must submit a scholarship application each academic year to receive a BCTC scholarship.
Other Scholarship Opportunities
There are many websites available to students with useful scholarship information. Visit the following websites to search for scholarship opportunities.
- 15-to-Finish Scholarship
- ASPIRE (Academic Support Program Inspiring to Reach Excellence) Interest Form
- Kentucky Career Center Bluegrass Scholarship
- P.EO. Continuing Education Scholarship (PDF)
- PEO International
- United Way of the Bluegrass- Back on Track Program
- Fast Web
- FinAid Scholarships
- Kentucky Business Society
- Sallie Mae
- Federal Student Aid
- Scholarships for Nursing Students
- Work Ready Kentucky