Student Leadership Ambassador Program
The Mission of BCTC Student Leadership Ambassadors
As student leaders, the BCTC Student Leadership Ambassadors will serve as positive role models to help new and prospective students feel connected to the college community, build awareness of college services and programs, and cultivate relationships within the community while promoting goodwill and integrity.
The BCTC Student Leadership Ambassadors are an honorary group of students selected to represent the college at special events on campus and in the community. The most qualified and diverse students from a variety of majors will be chosen to work together to cultivate a collegiate feel at BCTC. Activities include community service, assisting with campus events, tours, and college outreach activities, graduation and recognition ceremonies, and presenting information on the college.
The BCTC Student Leadership Ambassadors packet will be available to all students who have earned a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher at BCTC. Applicants must have completed at least 12 credit hours at BCTC, be a full-time student, and be in good standing in the community and institution.
How will this program benefit me?
- Develop awesome leadership skills!
- This is a paid position. We pay $13 per hour, and students typically work 10 hours per week.
- Personal development and socialization enhancement
- Receive a uniform to represent the College
- Opportunities to meet community leaders and develop acquaintances with faculty and staff
- Be a part of a small excellent group of students who represent BCTC
- Enhance your resume!
Duties and Responsibilities of Student Ambassadors
All students will be able to choose how to get their hours each week. Some of the following are ways students can earn hours:
- Attend and actively participate in all training sessions and monthly Student Ambassador meetings
- Assist with campus activities with the Office of Student Engagement and Leadership and Intramural Sports
- Serve as a peer mentor for students to walk alongside students in understanding how to be a success college student
- Work with members of the Multicultural Global Learning Center to assist student concerns in English and other languages
- Communicate with prospective students and families
- Make community visits with the president or other staff to talk about BCTC
- Participate in campus outreach and college events as requested (i.e. High School Counselor Luncheon, Career Fairs, Registration and other programs/events as assigned)
The Student Ambassador must commit to one full year of service.
For more information about the Student Leadership Ambassador Program, please contact:
The Student Success Hub