Presidential Student Ambassador Program
The voices of BCTC...purposely driven towards excellence!
We are currently seeking applications for the 2018-19 BCTC Presidential Student Ambassador Program! The deadline to apply for this elite program is June 15, 2017. We encourage you to apply! The application packet can be found here.
Mission of BCTC Presidential Student Ambassadors
As student leaders, the BCTC Presidential Student Ambassadors will serve as positive role models to help new and prospective students feel connected to the college community, build awareness of college services and programs, and cultivate relationships within the community while promoting good will and integrity.
The BCTC Presidential Student Ambassadors are an honorary group of students selected to represent the college at special events on campus and in the community. The most qualified and diverse students from a variety of majors will be chosen to work together to cultivate a collegiate feel at BCTC. Activities include community service; assisting with campus events, tours, and college outreach activities; registration; orientation; graduation and recognition ceremonies; and presenting information on the college.
The BCTC Presidential Student Ambassadors packet will be available to all students who have earned a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher at BCTC. BCTC applicants must have completed at least 12 credit hours, be a full-time student, and be in good standing in the community and institution. The complete packet must include:
How will this program benefit me?
- Develop awesome leadership skills!
- Receive a $250 stipend for the fall and spring semesters and/or $8.00 per hour during the summer
- Receive a book voucher (worth $500 for the fall and spring semesters)
- Personal development and socialization enhancement
- Receive a uniform to represent the College (i.e. jacket or sweater, polo shirt, and nametag)
- Opportunities to meet community leaders and develop acquaintances with faculty and staff
- Be a part of a small excellent group of students who represent BCTC
- Earn 2 credit hours for completing the Experiential Education Program
- Enhance your resume!
Duties and Responsibilities of Student Ambassadors
- Serve as orientation leader during spring/summer and fall programs
- Attend and actively participate in all training sessions and monthly Student Ambassador meetings
- Participate in approximately six (6) hours of assigned activities per week
- Assist the Assistant Director of Admissions and Visitor Center Coordinator with on-campus tours/events
- Communicate with prospective students and families (via email, phone, in-person, etc.)
- Assist with Registration as greeters and direction leaders
- Do presentations on BCTC to community groups with the president or other staff or faculty reflecting on the student experience
- Make community visits with the president or other staff to talk about BCTC
- Participate in campus outreach and college events as requested (i.e. High School Counselor Luncheon, Career Fairs, Registration and other programs/events as assigned)
- Participate in the Experiential Education Program (will earn 2 credit hours)
- Participate in a service project per semester
A maximum of nine (9) students representing the diversity of the college student population and a variety of career goals and experience will be selected to represent the college. The Student Ambassador must commit to one full year of service and at least six hours per week for the academic year.